It's been a while since I wrote about Sunday Cooking, mainly because I'm hardly home for Sunday lunch! My aunt was making lobster a few Sundays back, so the foodie in me canceled the lunch plan with friends just to savour a lobster - my first!
Apart from how complicated the lobsters looked, there was nothing very complicated recipe. There was hardly any peeling and chopping involved, but cleaning the lobster thoroughly is a must and the smell can get to you sometimes.
Here's the receipe my aunt followed-
- Clean the lobsters
- Marinate them with haldi (turmeric power) and salt
- In a pan heat oil and add onions, tomatoes, haldi power and red chilli powder. Stir until fried
- Add lobsters and cover for 2-3 minutes
- Grate coconut in the grinder and add it to the pan
- Add water and salt in the pan to make the gravy
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes, stir occasionally
- Take the lid off and serve the lobster curry with rice and salad!
- It's the perfect sunday lunch :)
My opinion about the lobster was that it is more chewy than prwans and has a stronger smell, but the meat seemed more flavoured :D